Thursday 13 March 2014

PERFECT NUDE LIP- BARDOT STYLE

I know summer is around the corner, and this means that everyone is ready to pull out their brightest lipsticks, and I completely agree with this, however, there is nothing sexier than bed head, big black eyeliner flicks and a plump nude lip any time, any day...right? :) It is a classic look which suits most people and looks great all year round.

Bardot Perfection Nude Lip

So on days you don't feel like wearing bright lips, you can still rock a sexy, sultry nude lip and vamp up the eyes a bit more. Here are my favourite picks for that perfect Bardot lip.

Nude Lip

It's difficult to find a nude lip which doesn't wash you out, or look too pink, too brown, too concealery... It took me a long time to find the perfect shade for me. I know not all these products won't work for everyone so do go swatch them in store before buying, I added options for lighter/darker complexions. 

Lets start with liner, if I want my lip to last the longest, I would usually line my lips and colour in with the liner to create a perfect base and then go on with my nude lipstick on top. My favourite lip liner is No 7's Precision Lips Pencil in the colour Nude. If I want a low key nude lip, I sometimes just wear it alone, it makes my look more put together. Do swatch it in a store because it could look a little brown on lighter complexions. No7 also has a darker nude shade for darker complexions called Caramel.

Continuing with the low-maintenance route, Clinique's Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Colour Balm in Heaping Hazelnut gives a great on-the-go nude lip, enough shine that I won't make your lips look dry or chapped, and perfect colour pay off, not too concealer-like, blends into the lips beautifully. I love to pop this into my bag as it gives me colour, shine and keeps the lips moisturised when i'm out and about. It's sheer enough to be applied without a mirror, but it's pigmented enough for you to feel you only need one coat. I wouldn't say it's the most long-lasting lipstick you can find, but since it's an all-in-one (lip gloss, lipstick and lip balm), I don't mind reapplying it throughout the day.

Clinique Chubby Stick in Heaping Hazelnut

Onto my heavier, more serious nude territory is Tom Ford's lipstick in Blush Nude. It should get an award for it's packaging alone! It's definitely the right amount of pink/beige, it simply hits the spot for me. It's more long lasting than the Chubby Stick. I love to wear it in the evening, apply one coat, blot, and the apply another coat and it will last a very long time. It's moisturising enough that it doesn't make my lips appear dry (which happens a lot with other nude lipsticks).

Tom Ford Lipstick Blush Nude

Tom Ford's collection also includes a Nude Vanille shade, which is very similar, but lighter and with less pink it in, it personally washed me out, but I think it could be a perfect alternative for lighter completions. Tom Ford also added another, more "browny nude" shade called Sable Smoke which could be perfect for darker complexions.

Tom Ford Lipstick Blush Nude
Tom Ford's Blush Nude lipstick swatched

Finally, if you want to go for an all-out Bardot look, a sexy lipgloss would be in order, my favourite is the Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in the colour Child (exclusive/limited colour). Enriched with Vitamin E to keep your lips hydrated and glossy, it works perfectly with any nude lipstick underneath, or on it's own for a more subtle nude lip to compliment smokey eyes.

What are your favourite nude lip products? Have you tried any of these?

Love, London Girl  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment