Friday 14 March 2014

GLAMOUR FOOD- HYDRATING SKIN TONIC

I picked up this little gem from the cosmetic section of Whole Foods, it has tons of natural interesting makeup/skincare body care products. I am a big fan of the Hydraluron serum so when I saw that this is a toner with Hyaluronic Acid I decided I needed to try it out!

Everyone gets frustrated on spending money on a toner that does -nothing. I have been through so many and only a few really worked and did anything, fortunately, this is one of them. 


Toner used to be used for cleaning the rest of your cleaner residue off. Nowadays, it no longer a relevant step in your makeup routine as most of todays cleaners wash off completely without leaving a residue. So no wonder people pick up toners and think they don't do anything, well if there is no residue from your cleanser, the toner's job is already done!

So what do toners do in the 21st century? Well to each their own but I feel like it has 2 purposes. One - to gently chemically exfoliate (like the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner which I love!) and Two- to hydrate. I know you put moisturiser to hydrate your skin, but if you add a hydrating toner before your moisturiser, your skin with thank you, no matter if you are oily, dry, combination like me.

This has a nice natural smell, comes out a little watery but you only need one pump on a cotton pad and swipe it everyday (preferably days and night) over your skin after cleaning, but before moisturising. It is very light and disappears into the skin quickly. It is completely Natural, and contains Hyaluronic Acid and antioxidants from Blueberries and Dark Chocolate (!).

I love to do this step between my cleansing and my moisturiser and although I still love my Hydraluron serum, I think it's always nice to have another option and alternate between them and for £16.96 it's simply wonderful (considering a little goes a long way).

For UK readers you can buy it in large Whole Foods shops or in the Organic Pharmacy in store on on their website here.
Organic Pharmacy Ships all over the world so have a look if they have it in your country.

What are your favourite toners?
Love, London Girl  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment