Monday 31 March 2014

A BIG KNOT PROBLEM-> BEST LEAVE-IN CONDITIONERS

I don't know if it is because I have long hair now, or because it is fine, or perhaps it is a little dry, but every time I let my hair down, at the end of the day, I get a huge 'nest' at the nape of my hair, completely tangled and I have no choice but to wash my hair again and start everything over.

Perhaps it's the combination of fine, dry and long and knotty which amounts to this.. I have even been thinking about a short chop but after spending a last 5 years trying to grow my hair out, I was not ready to give up on it just yet.

I fave not found a way to fully stop it yet but I managed to find products which decrease it by 90-95% and I have to share them with you!

Unite, Charles Worthington

First one is the Salon at home, Moisture Seal Hair Healer leave-in Conditioner by Charles Worthington. It is a light gel which I rub into my dry ends and mid lengths and it leaves my hair feeling nourished, soft and light, no greasy or tacky residue, even if you let your hair dry naturally (without using the hairdryer). It helps keep my hair knot-free and shiny between washes. I used to be hooked on Moroccanoil for years and this is as nice, if not better, as it leaves my hair even lighter than the oil. 

Unite, Charles Worthington

The second product I found to be amazing is mainly a detangler- the seven seconds Conditioner leave-in, from Unite. OMG! It makes brushing my long hair SO much easier, I just bought it and I am already dreading the day this runs out and I am planning to buy 3-4 more bottles next time. It is a must have if you have fine, knotty hair, it leaves your hair smooth and smelling amazing for days! I can't live without it anymore. It's a fact!

Unite, Charles Worthington

So there you have it, my favourite combo to combat knots! It's a great duo which really saves me literally from ripping my own hair off!

UK readers will find it a little hard to get your hands on Unite products, but you can get them here.
and Charles Worthington can be found in our trusty Boots here.

US readers can find the Unite detangler here.

What are your favourite hair saviours? Oils, detanglers, conditioners? Have you tried these?

Love, London Girl  xxx

4 comments:

  1. I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't get knots in their hair! My hair is super thick and a bit wavy but it is so slick it doesn't hold a knot

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, you are probably the luckiest girl in the world :)!

      Delete
  2. I love leave-in conditioners, I'll have to try it!
    XO, Steph http://sunberrystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do such a huge difference!:) Let me know how you get on ! :)

      Delete